With over 7 million foreign tourists recording entry in 2018, one can safely say that Argentina is one of the top tourism destinations in the world. From tropical rainforests to glaciers and the southernmost city in the world; through hundreds of miles of vineyards, cropland, deserts; over 3,000 miles of atlantic coast: one can find the most amazing views, the most friendly people, and one of the most varied and tastiest cuisines in the world. With a very definite european heritage, Argentina stands out as the pride and joy of South America.
getting to argentina
Argentina is located in South America, in the southern part of it. All airlines flying to Argentina arrive at Ezeiza (“Ministro Pistarini”- EZE) International Airport, which is 23 miles (37 Km) away from the City of Buenos Aires or from the domestic airport (Jorge Newbery- AEP). Then, you need to fly to San Carlos de Bariloche (BRC) or Chapelco airport (CPC), which are approximately 2 hours flying time. There are 6-10 daily flights. Our staff will be expecting at the airport to drive you to the ranch (1h30m) through some of the most beautiful landscape you´ll ever see. Arrival point is Bariloche airport for Algar lodge and Chapelco airport for Calcatre lodge.
BRINGING YOUR GUN TO ARGENTINA
Bringing your gun into Argentina is legal. You will need paperwork (for a fee) and have to allow extra time at airports to go through security and gun control. Most people prefer personal assistance when bringing their own guns, which also incurs in a fee. Bottom line is that most people prefer to rent one of our guns and keep their trip swift and hassle free, especially when you are planning to do some additional travelling around the country.
There are no restrictions to bring any kind of bow or crossbow into the country, nor special permits are required.
Broadheads of all types are legal, except for explosive ones.
Black powder and/or muzzleloading accoutrements are not easily available in Argentina.
A Valid passport is required. No VISA is required for U.S. citizens. Residents of other countries have to contact their nearest Argentine consulate to obtain this information.
Argentina is Malaria free. Vaccinations: check current requirements before booking.
Expediting of trophies
Algar Safaris will take care of dipping, packing and expediting your trophies.
SOME OF THE GREAT THINGS TO DO IN ARGENTINA:
- Fly fishing: March – May are excellent months for fishing
- Buenos Aires city: Buenos Aires is a multicultural & cosmopolitan city. The combination of rich architectural and cultural heritage, wealth of culture and outstanding culinary options, makes it one of the world’s most exciting capitals. Discover Latin America´s most exciting city.
- Wine tours- Mendoza province: world’s highest vineyards, world’s southernmost vineyards, 600,000 acres of vineyards. Wine enthusiasts paradise.
- Glaciers- Patagonia: one of the world’s most impressive continental glaciers lie south of us.
- Iguazu falls: one of the world’s seven wonders is just a plane flight away.